Press Release February 14, 2017 Green Mountain Falls Announces Hiring of Town Marshal Mayor Jane Newberry announced today that the Town of Green Mountain Falls has hired Virgil Lynden Hodges as Town Marshal effective March 20. Mr. Hodges is currently a Lieutenant with the New Mexico State University Police Department, where he has been employed…Details
Green Mountain Falls is under a Stage 1 Burn Restriction:
Stage 1 Burn Restrictions are:
(1) Open burning, excepting fires and campfires within permanently constructed fire grates in developed campgrounds and picnic grounds, charcoal grills and permanent outdoor fireplaces at private residences in areas cleared of all flammable materials.
(2) The sale or use of fireworks; as defined in Section 10-291.
(3) Outdoor smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three (3) feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
(4) Launching of model rockets.
(5) Portable wood burning firepits or fire rings.
(7) Outdoor charcoal grills and permanent outdoor fireplace constructed with a spark arrestor on the chimney shall be allowed during Stage 1 restrictions, provided they are at private residences and in an area cleared of all flammable materials including dry vegetation.